Formerly "Neil Stone Updates"

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eighty Years Young


This is what it looks like to turn eighty years old...unless, of course, you are Nadene Stone, my beautiful mother-in-law. Then you look more like this:


When we called her on her birthday on Friday, she was outside thatching her own lawn.  By herself!  She maintains a large and fruitful garden, attends water aerobics daily, sews, and socializes with a great group of friends.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of this terrific lady:





She welcomed me with open arms back when I captured the heart of her only son and has always been supportive of us. Always loving, always helpful, always caring, fiercely loyal, and so much fun!

Happy birthday, Mom and Grandma! And lots and lots of love!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Yep, I think we were all a little shocked when she was thatching her lawn when we called. Not surprised though right? She is one great lady - we are lucky to have her!

HMStammler said...

Wow!! Do you think you could have her send a list of secrets to looking so young? I may just start taking water aerobics!!

Polly said...

What a great tribute!!! Those are wonderful pictures. The black and white photo with that huge cake is a bit scary looking.
I hope we all enjoy good health and lost of friends when we reach 80 years.
Happy, happy Birthday Nadene