Formerly "Neil Stone Updates"

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Time For a Change

 First we need to say thank you. Thanks to all who have followed Neil's story and continue to check up on his progress. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and support in the blog comment section, in emails, and in person. You may not think it matters much, but it does. We try to keep things pretty positive here, but at times we get tired, sad, and discouraged, so knowing that people care can help to keep us all going. To the Burnt Mills neighbors, thanks for caring about Neil, even though he was just a stranger to you. I feel like we're friends now even though we haven't met yet!

Does it sound like we're ending the blog? Well, we're not, but it is time for a change. This past year our lives have been consumed with the aftermath of Neil's accident. And now we're finding that it's starting to define who we are. Like it's all we can talk about. I know we're really boring company. Certainly the consequences will follow us for the rest of our lives, and so many things we've experienced because of it have changed us for the good. But now it's time to move on and be the Stones--as a family, as individuals who are more than just "the boy with the brain injury", or "Neil Stone's brother", or "Neil's mom."

So, about the blog--I will continue to write, but it won't be exclusively about Neil. Yes, I'll post about his progress. I feel I owe that to all who have invested so many prayers on his behalf. After all, he's your miracle, too. But I want to be able to include pictures of Eric, like this one taken at the beach in December:


I want to be able to brag about Alison at the Jeopardy! audition. It would be nice to talk about something that doesn't have to do with brain injuries. (We've almost decided to ban those words from our vocabulary!)

So, be prepared for a new look and a new name if you're still game to continue on this journey with us. The web address will remain the same. And thanks again for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes expressed both silently and aloud. You will never know how much we have relied on them.

Lots of love,

The Stones

5 comments:

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

I think that is a great idea! And that pic of Eric is awesome! We will of course look forward to the updates about Neil, but it will be great to hear about what else is going on with you guys! I can't wait to read everything! By the way, I received the calendar in the mail the other day. Thank you so much! I actually took it to Audrey's dance class that day to brag a little to some friends about my awesome cousin Neil! They were very impressed!

Polly said...

Thank you for the calendars. My aunt was very happy to get hers, and has made copies of Mr. July,Neil, for her friends in the prayer group.We love hearing from the Stone's all the time. We look forward to your family updates. May 2010 be a blessed one for all of you.

Molly said...

Can't wait to hear more about the family. I loved reading about Alison's Jeopardy autdition - so exciting! I can imagine that the brain injury has consumed you and it will probably do you all a lot of good to focus on other things/events/joys in your lives. I will continue to check in of course! OK but I didn't know you were giving away calendars. I must have missed that. Do you have any left?

HMStammler said...

I have loved the oppurtunity to read about Neil's progress over the past year. He's a miracle that I have never met but I have kept him in my prayers daily! With that, I think it would be fun to know what the other Stones are doing. I'll keep "tuning in!" And, I'll keep praying for all the Stone's as you focus on being Neil's mom, brother and son AND so much more!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a surprise. I love it. I love the name, too. I checked your blog everyday, then every week for new entries for the past year. I am glad that you are moving on. It is great to now include the whole family now. I love all you guys. You are the best!!

Gary Myer