Formerly "Neil Stone Updates"

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Garden State of Mind


I've been putting off writing this because I don't want to cry. I'm getting ready to shut down the computer and pack it up, so I can't put it off any longer. It's time to say goodbye to New Jersey. We've lived in this house, in this state for thirteen years and now we are leaving. I'll miss my friends. I'll miss my house. I'll miss my garden.  I'll miss the foxes in their dens in the little woods in my back yard.

More than sadness, however, I feel gratitude. We have associated with, and been blessed by so many wonderful people during our sojourn here. Friends, neighbors, and even strangers were by our side buoying us up through our toughest trials. We will always remember those prayers, hugs, and faithful friendships during good times and bad.

Tomorrow we will drive toward new beginnings in South Carolina, but New Jersey will be forever in our hearts.




No comments: