Formerly "Neil Stone Updates"

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Good For What Ails You

Botox--It's not just for wrinkles any more.

Neil had six injections in his left arm on Monday. You might be able to see some of the injection spots in the picture if you click on it. By Thursday he should start to feel some relaxation in the muscles that have been so tight. This will give the competing muscles a chance to get stronger so that he can gain some control of his left hand. Although movement in his hand and arm have s-l-o-w-l-y been improving with therapy, we're hoping this miracle drug will give him a little boost to speed up the process. He practiced playing video games yesterday and was a little disappointed that it was still hard, but he wasn't surprised. He knows it's going to take more time, more therapy, and a few more series of injections. Neil is no stranger to being patient. In fact, he's getting pretty good at it by now.

Speaking of more injections, Neil is not worried about getting the shots any more. He found out that the Teflon coated needles they used were painless!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I remember my mom getting those. One time I was with her and the doctor was telling us that thye were actually very painful but my mom couldn't feel it (because she had no feeling in that arm). I hope this helps a ton, I remember it helping my mom a bit but obviously that was a different situation.

Meredith said...

I am so glad to hear how patient Neil is...He is one amazing guy and I admire him so much!